"I have personally experienced a great deal of growth and healing in my life as a result of reading this book (several times I might add). Janice Berger has put together the ultimate reference guide that can help virtually anybody progress in their effort to change their life, regardless of what that change may be. There are no quick fixes, instead Emotional Fitness offers clear insight into the natural healing process we all possess... a process required to bring about permanent and lasting change in ourselves. Ideal for anyone who is driven or suffers from anxiety, stress, addiction, depression, chronic pain, and/or relationship problems."
- Huntly Christie, founder and CEO of Christie Lites
"Janice Berger shows us the way to achieving emotional fitness for a healthy life with straightforward explanations, compassionate and practical advice and helpful case examples."
- Gabor Maté, M.D., author of When the Body Says No: The Cost of Hidden Stress and In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts; Close Encounters with Addiction
"Emotional Fitness will change your life. It is truly a manual for how to live a full, meaningful life."
- Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of Mother-Daughter Wisdom, The Wisdom of Menopause, and Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom
"A thoughtful, practical journey from self-oppression to self-knowledge. Emotional Fitness is an immensely readable book that has the power to change lives."
- Terrence Real, bestselling author of I Don't Want to Talk About It
"Emotional Fitness is a unique and helpful guide to using your own resources to find peace and well-being."
- Judy Maddren, host of CBC Radio's World Report
"Janice Berger can help you discover your own capacity for healing, transformation, and hope . . . Emotional Fitness will make a difference."
- Michael Kaufman, author of Cracking the Armour: Power, Pain and the Lives of Men
"Emotional Fitness will inspire and teach you . . . . It is a stepping stone to a richer life."
- Richard Earle, Ph.D., Managing Director of the Canadian Institute of Stress
"In her book, Emotional Fitness, Janice Berger speaks with eloquence and clarity about the process of owning and trusting our feelings, and how this deep honouring of the self is an essential part of healing trauma and of naming abuse and injustice in our lives."
- Susan Beamish, Feminist Advocates for Counselling Ethics (FACE)
"I recommend Emotional Fitness to all of my clients. I have witnessed what a positive and powerful impact it is having on them."
- Alice Hunnersen, Psychotherapist, Mississauga, Ontario
"Emotional Fitness is one of the most comprehensive and enlightening self-help books available to Canadian readers. Simply stated, the message is one of encouragement, direction and hope."
- Cathy Walsh, Executive Director, Bereaved Families of Ontario London Inc.